FIRST Championship Media Registration
New rules governing the issuance of FIRST Championship media credentials and the corresponding media registration form are in effect for the 2014 event.
Media credentials will only be issued to:
- Credentialed/bona fide news media representatives and bloggers;
- Freelance writers and photographers who present a letter of assignment from an official news media outlet (other freelancers will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis);
- Production companies;
- FIRST Sponsors
- Founding Sponsors: max. two (2) passes per organization
- Strategic Partners: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Championship Sponsors: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Other FIRST Event Sponsors: max. one (1) pass available per event sponsored, limit 3 per organization
- Team Sponsors: max. one (1) pass available per team sponsored, limit 3 per organization
- FIRST Suppliers: max. two (2) passes per Supplier company
- FIRST Alliances: max. two (2) passes per Alliance organization
- FIRST Scholarship Providers: max. 1 pass per Provider organization
Individuals associated with FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge teams (students, Coaches, Mentors, and Alumni) must use the Team Media credentials provided to each team in their team registration packet.
For speed and convenience, professional, bona fide media and PR/communications individuals may pre-register for media credentials as follows:
- Please email email@example.com, confirming which eligible category you belong to:
- Within 48 hours, you will receive a form to complete and submit via e-mail for your pre-registration.
- Within 48 hours of your submission, you will receive an e-mail from FIRST confirming your registration and providing important event information.
- Print/Broadcast/Electronic Media
- Freelance Writer/Photographer or Production Company; or
- FIRST Sponsor/Supplier/Alliance/Scholarship Provider
We also accept walk-in registrations.
Media must check in at the FIRST Media Center - located in Suite 233A in the Edward Jones Dome - to register and pick up badges and press kits.
You must be prepared to present a photo ID plus at least one of the following when registering onsite:
- Officially issued, non-expired press credentials;
- A business card with your name, title, and media outlet (press) or company/organization name (Sponsors/Suppliers/Alliances/Scholarship Providers);
- A letter of assignment from editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted);
- Current publication masthead with your name and title;
- News article published within the past six months with your byline.
Important Consent Information and Coverage Conditions
We welcome professional media and communications individuals to capture images/footage at our events for the purposes of promoting FIRST under the following conditions:
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be sold (as prints or online).
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be used for commercial gain or the advertisement of any commercial product.
- The names of minors may not be published with their images without specific permission from a parent or guardian.
NOTE: FIRST cannot guarantee that every attendee has consented to your use of their likeness. User assumes any risk/responsibility of using images/footage obtained at the event.