Scholarship Marketing by FIRST and Exposure for FIRST Scholarship Providers
- Throughout the year - FIRST Scholarships are promoted to students, parents, teachers, and mentors throughout the year on the FIRST website, via email blasts to teams, eNewsletter articles, and handouts at events
- September - Scholarship offerings (complete details) for the coming year are posted on the FIRST web site. This is where the students research available scholarships and find out how and when to apply. Listings are added throughout the season as new scholarship providers join the program.
- January - The logos of all scholarship providers are displayed at the FIRST Kickoff Event in early January. All teams watch this event via NASA TV Broadcast and web cast at over 46 regional kickoff sites throughout the nation, Brazil, Canada, and Israel.
- March/April - The FIRST Robotics Competition program books (for over 52 Regional events and the Championship) list the name of each scholarship donor and a brief description of the scholarship opportunity. Scholarship display tables at Regional events, where allowed, are offered to local scholarship providers.
- April - FIRST Scholarship providers whose yearly offerings are valued at a total of $40,000 or more receive a display booth at Scholarship Row to promote their institution to approximately 10,000 high school students at the FIRST Championship in St. Louis, April 24-27, 2013.
- April through July - As each scholarship provider reports their scholarship winners to FIRST, the names and home states of students who have been offered FIRST Scholarships are posted on the FIRST web site.