Assist the Regional Director in facilitating the Ambassador Program. Collaborate with event management staff to ensure fulfillment of meeting needs. This position provides the opportunity to cultivate support for FIRST programs.
- Participate in training opportunities
- Prepare meeting area for Ambassadors; keep room organized and clean
- Organize and ensure all materials and supplies needed are available, and correctly placed on tables
- Welcome Ambassadors and facilitate a "meet and greet" between the Ambassadors
- Explain program and distribute materials
- Send Ambassadors on tour of Pits with team members
- Facilitate a "lessons learned" when they return to the Ambassador area.
- Obtain and wear a two-way radio and headset, sign it in and out at the event management office
- Ensure all contact information for Ambassadors is obtained
- Breakdown and pack Ambassador area at the end of event
Experience And Skills Needed
- Outgoing personality; high energy
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to move about the facility
Commitment: Minimum two days + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6:00 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*) Friday: 12:00 A.M.- 5 P.M. Saturday: 7:30 A.M.- Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
FIRST will train Ambassador Coordinators.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision and On-site guidance: Regional Director
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.