Assist with assembly on Tuesday or Wednesday, and/or disassembly on Saturday, of the competition playing field. Volunteers need not do both. These volunteer roles have interesting and varied responsibilities and are physically active roles.
- Assemble playing field and electronics
- Demonstrate and comply with safe procedures for lifting and other physically challenging tasks
- Disassemble playing field and electronics and pack in travel crates
- Assist in loading travel crates onto truck, as needed
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Physical strength; ability to lift heavy objects and push large crates
- Basic mechanical/technical skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to move about the facility
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions
Commitment: Minimum two days + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: Noon-6 P.M., 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: Completion of event to completion of breakdown (4:30 P.M. - 9 P.M.)
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Field Supervisor and the FIRST Technical Advisor provide on-the-job training and direction.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Supervisor and FIRST Technical Advisor
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.