Assists Judge Advisor throughout the event, collaborates with event management staff to ensure meeting competition schedule, and is responsible for motivating and energizing the judge panel throughout the competition. The Judge Assistant is not a Judge or an assistant Judge Advisor and does not interview teams, or participate in awards recipient selection process.
- Ensure correct room setup for Judge orientation and dinner meeting; keep room organized and clean
- Assist Judge Advisor to keep judge panel on schedule; perform other duties as assigned by Judge Advisor
- Provide clerical assistance, i.e., types awards scripts on laptop
- Organize and ensure all materials and supplies needed are available, and correctly placed on tables
- Obtain and wear a two-way radio and headset, sign it in and out at the event management office; keep apprised of competition schedule; inform Judge Advisor and Judge Panel of schedule changes
- Ensure all Judges sign a Volunteer Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Form prior to start of event
- Ensure all Judges sign a Consent, Release, Hold Harmless form prior to start of event
- Breakdown Judge Room at the end of competition, repack FIRST materials, return Regional Committee materials to Volunteer Coordinator
Experience And Skills Needed
- Outgoing personality; high energy
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to move about the facility
Commitment: Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday.
Judge Advisor will advise Coordinator of start time
Approximate times: Thursday: 12 P.M. -5 P.M., 6 P.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 7:30 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 7:30 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Judge Assistant is provided with a checklist of responsibilities prior to, or at the event. Judge Advisor provides guidance during the event.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Judge Advisor
On-site guidance: Event Manager
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.