Lead Safety Glasses Attendant
Oversee volunteers ( Safety Glasses Attendants) that are handing out safety glasses during the event in the pit area. Ensure that Safety Glass Stations are properly supplied and staffed throughout competition. Responsible for securing the safety glasses supply adn filling out necessary paperwork.
- Coordinate with Event Manager/Volunteer Coordinator to determine locations for Safety Glasses Station
- Ensure that all Safety Glasses Stations are adequately supplied with safety glasses throughout the day
- Maintain schedule for Safety Glass Attendants, ensure that the Safety Glasses Stations are staffed throughout the day
- Make sure volunteers have meals/breaks
- Properly secure safety glasses and the end of each day during the competition
- Complete Safety Glasses Inventory at end of competition
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to oversee and manage others
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Attention to detail
Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Complete Lead Safety Glass Advisor Training prior to arriving
Attend Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Pit Volunteer Coordinator
On-site support: Volunteer Registration Room Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.