Lead Safety Glasses Attendant
Oversee Safety Glasses Attendants that are handing out safety glasses during the event in the pit area. Ensure that Safety Glasses Stations are properly supplied and staffed throughout the competition. Responsible for securing the safety glasses supply and filling out all necessary paperwork.
- Coordinate with Event Manager/Volunteer Coordinator to determine locations for Safety Glasses Station
- Ensure that all Safety Glasses Stations are adequately supplied with safety glasses throughout the day
- Maintain schedule for Safety Glasses Attendants, ensure that the Safety Glasses Stations are staffed throughout the day
- Make sure volunteers have meals/breaks
- Properly secure safety glasses and the end of each day during the competition
- Complete Safety Glasses Inventory at end of competition
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to oversee and manage others
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Attention to detail
- Commitment: Minimum three days + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 8am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Complete Lead Safety Glasses Advisor Training prior to arriving.
Attend Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.