Lead Team Queuer
Lead Team Querer
Position Summary- Key Volunteer Position
Directs and supervises the Team Queuers, determines team traffic flow on and off the field, monitors flow during the competition. Plays a critical role in ensuring smooth flow of match play and maintaining the pace of the event.
- Significant level of responsibility
- High visibility role
- Opportunity to utilize and further develop organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and interact with teams and volunteers
- Ability to contribute to the success of the competition by maintaining match pace
- Access to field; some opportunity to observe matches
- Physically active role, not sedentary
- Attend Volunteer Meeting; train the Team Queuers
- Determine team traffic flow pattern to/from the playing field in cooperation with the Event Manager
- Direct and supervise Team Queuers
- Restrict access to field for unauthorized individuals
- Stage and position teams in preparation for the start of matches
- Maintain uninterrupted flow of teams to the playing field
- Direct teams to driver stations, and facilitates team departure from field
- Obtain a two-way radio and headset from event management office, return it to office at end of day
- Wear two-day radio and headset; communicate with the Pit Announcer regarding team competition schedule and timing, working with match schedule.
Experience And Skills Needed
- Team Queuing experience is helpful
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive, but tactful
- Basic knowledge of the game and match process
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Commitment: Minimum 3 days, Thursday-Saturday + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6:00 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8:00 A.M.- 6 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.- 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8:00 A.M.- Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Provided by FIRST headquarters prior to start of competition season. May include: live and/or recorded web conferences, teleconference(s), manual and other support materials, email communications and one-on-one support. FIRST Technical advisor provides advice during the competition.
Reporting Relationship And Supervision
Direct supervision: Event Manager
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.