Master of Ceremonies Assistant
Assists the Master of Ceremonies (Emcee or MC) throughout the event, and organizes team flags and gear for pre-match announcements. Through organizational skills, promoting FIRST values, and being a heavily spirited individual, the MC Assistant helps support the energy and spirit that is present in the competition.
- Responsible for organization and queuing of team flags and spirit gear
- Works closely with MC to create a smooth and timely event
- May be called upon to lead dances and other events during downtime to maintain audience energy.
- Participate in on-site training
- Organizing Mascot Parade with Event Planner if applicable
Experience and Skills Needed
- Ability to manage large quantities of flags and gear
- Outgoing personality; high energy, friendly, sense of humor
- Requires knowledge of the match process
- Self-directed individual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Requires time-management skills
- Collaborates well
- Takes direction well
Minimum 2 days
- Wednesday: 6 P.M. – 8 P.M. (dependent upon event*)
- Thursday: Optional
- Friday: 7 A.M. – 6 P.M.
- Saturday: 7 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Master of Ceremonies will provide a brief on-site training
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Master of Ceremonies and Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will not be conduction a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training