Pit Administration Support
Provide direction, assistance, information, and support to teams in the Pit. This is a physically active, fast-paced role. Must have strong interpersonal and communciation skills.
- Set-up the Pit Administration station
- Assist with team check-in
- Answer questions from teams and visitors in the Pit area
- Assist with distribution of the daily match list to teams
- Maintain adequate supply of printed materials on the Pit Administration station
- Prohibit teams and guests from entering Pit prior to scheduled opening time; facilitate departure of teams after Pit closes
- Manage lost and found items
- Complete Medical and Non-Medical Incident Forms as needed
- Collect ballots from teams for team-voted awards (if any); deliver to Judge Assistant (e.g. Gracious Professionalism Award)
- Distribute Chairman’s Award Feedback
- Distribute participation pins
- Break down and pack up Pit Administration station during final award ceremony
Experience And Skills Needed
- General knowledge of the FIRST Robotics Competition
- Customer facing, must be friendly and behave in a professional manner at all times
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
Commitment: Minimum two days + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Pit Administration Supervisor conducts training at the Volunteer Orientation and Dinner Meeting* and provides guidance during the competition.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct Supervision: Pit Administration Supervisor
On-site oversight: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.