Call teams to queuing area and make general announcements via use of the public address system (PA) in the Pit area. Work in collaboration with the Team Queuing volunteers to facilitate adherence to team match schedule. Experience as a Pit Announcer volunteer preferred.
- Facilitate adherence to team match schedule
- Announce pending team matches, and call team to queuing area
- Make general ‘housekeeping’ announcements
- Communicate with the Team Queuing volunteers to coordinate team line-up for matches via two-way radio and headset
Experience and Skills Needed
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive, but behave in a graciously professional manner at all times
- Outgoing personality; high energy
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Clear and strong vocal ability, comfortable using a microphone in addressing a large crowd
- Vocally energetic, entertaining and engaging to the students
- Ability to collaborate with others, and work as a team
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Commitment: Minimum two days + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 7am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 7am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 7am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Onsite training from the Pit Administration Supervisor throughout the competition
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Pit Administration Supervisor
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.