Safety Glasses Attendant
Greet visitors and hand out safety glasses at Safety Glass Stations. Maintain adequate supply of safety glasses at the safety glasses locations, alert the Lead Safety Glasses Attendant when more glasses or volunteers are needed. Maintain a high level of safety as stated in the FIRST Safety Procedures.
- Greet visitors and provide them with safety glasses needed to enter the pit area
- Demonstrate Gracious Professionalism when explaining FIRST safety policies
- Clean safety glasses when returned
- Alert Lead Safety Glass Advisor if safety glasses supply are running low
- Maintain a standard of safety in the pit area
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Attention to detail
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 8am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training will be on site
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Lead Safety Glasses Attendant
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training