Position Summary - Key Volunteer Position
Manages and operates the scoring and field control systems. Communicates scores. Play a critical role in ensuring smooth flow of match play and maintaining the pace of the event.
- Set up the scorekeeping and field control systems; ensure equipment functions properly
- Enter scores in scoring computer from sheet provided by Head Referee, verifying accuracy - post scores to AV System
- Enter alliance team pairings in scoring computer
- Print match lists to be distributed to Pit Administration Supervisor and Judge Assistant
- Post match results and award winners to FIRST website
- Assist with breakdown of scoring and field power control systems, and playing field
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience is desired but not required
- Basic knowledge of the competition game and rules
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Solid computer skills
- Detail oriented; very accurate
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Strong assessment skills
Commitment: Wednesday through Saturday + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6:00 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8:00 A.M.- 8 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.- 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8:00 A.M.- Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site approx 30 minutes prior to start of shift if meals are desired.
Provided by FIRST headquarters prior to start of competition season. May include: live and/or recorded web conferences, teleconference(s), manual and other support materials, email communications and one-on-one support. First-year volunteer may serve in an apprentice role, working with a veteran Scorekeeper/Field Power Controller. Field Supervisor provides guidance during the competition
Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Field Supervisor
On-site guidance: FIRST Technical Advisor and Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.