Position Summary - Key Volunteer Position
Manages and operates the Field Management System (FMS) software for scoring and field control of FRC matches. Communicates scores. Play a critical role in ensuring smooth flow of match play and maintaining the pace of the event.
- Primary operator of the Field Management System software
- Work with the FTA to test the playing field and confirm correct operation of field electronics
- Communicate with Game Announcer, MC, and A/V staff to post scores at the end of each match
- Enter alliance team pairings and award winners into FMS
- Print match lists to be distributed to Lead Queuer, Pit Administration Supervisor, etc.
- Post match results and award winners to FIRST website
- Assist with breakdown of scoring and Field Management System and playing field
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience is desired but not required
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Detail oriented and procedural
- Working knowledge of the competition game and Tournament rules
- Competent computer skills; working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Strong assessment skills
Commitment: Wednesday through Saturday + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Provided by FIRST headquarters prior to start of competition season. Includes: live and/or recorded web conferences, teleconference(s), manual and other support materials, email communications, discussion forums, and one-on-one support. First-year volunteer may serve in an apprentice role, working with a veteran Scorekeeper. FIRST Technical Advisor (FTA) provides guidance during the competition.
Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Field Supervisor
On-site guidance: FIRST Technical Advisor and Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.