Volunteer Standards of Conduct
By accepting to volunteer with us, you have a responsibility to FIRST and to your fellow volunteers to adhere to certain guidelines for conduct. Generally speaking, we expect every volunteer to act in a mature and responsible way at all times. When each person is aware that he or she can fully depend upon fellow volunteers to follow these Standards of Conduct, then our organization will be a better place to volunteer for everyone.
- Treat everyone fairly, regardless of gender, ethnic background, religion, political belief or economic status
- Conduct yourself in a manner that demonstrates a positive role model and a responsible representative of FIRST
- Consistently display high personal standards and project a favorable image of FIRST and of volunteering
- Whenever possible, ensure the safety of participants and volunteers
- Respect the dignity of the participants and all other volunteers
- Refrain from public criticism of participants or other volunteers
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language while volunteering
- Abstain from and discourage the use of drugs, alcohol and tobacco products in conjunction with the FIRST event
- Report, to your Volunteer Coordinator or Event Manager, any incident that might be contrary to this Volunteer Standard of Conduct
If you have any questions concerning any volunteer conduct or safety rule, or any unacceptable activity at a FIRST event, please contact your Volunteer Coordinator or the Volunteer Resources Department at FIRST.