Team Social Attendant
Oversee the Team Social to ensure a safe, secure, and enjoyable event environment for attendees.
- Monitor event for inappropriate behavior, and intercede as able; seek assistance from Team Social Coordinator as needed
- Greet participants at event entrance, verify that the appropriate number of chaperones accompany team members, check attendees for wristbands or tickets if utilized; direct attendees to event activities
- Monitor event for adherence to FIRST policies
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive, but tactful
- Knowledge and understanding of teenagers in social settings
- General knowledge of Team Social area layout
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to move about the event
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Day One of the Competition 5pm-10pm
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct Supervision: Volunteer Coordinator, Regional Director, or Planning Committee Chair
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.