Volunteer Registration-Information Table
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION TABLE ATTENDANT
Manage check-in activities at the Volunteer Registration Table. Provide direction, assistance and information to event volunteers and attendees. FIRST experience not required. Good position for early birds and volunteers traveling with, but not participating on a team.
- Assist with table set up and break down
- Utilize a two-way radio and headset, sign it in/out at the event management office for all communications regarding volunteer placement needs, communicate with Volunteer Coordinators
- Greet and check in volunteers as they arrive at the competition
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and collected
- Monitor and enforce volunteer minimum age requirement
- Distribute name badges, volunteer t-shirts and Volunteer Recognition Pins
- Provide information and direction to volunteers and guests
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to "take charge"
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, be assertive but tactful
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Commitment: Minimum two days+ Training
Approximate times: Wednesday...... 4:00 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday............. 7:00 A.M.- 8 P.M.
Friday................. 6:30 A.M.- 5 P.M.
Saturday............. 7:00 A.M.- 3 P.M.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
The Volunteer Coordinator provides training prior to start of the Wednesday Volunteer Orientation and Training*.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND SUPERVISION
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator in Volunteer Registration Room
On-Site guidance: FIRST Volunteer Resources Department Staff
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.