2009 FIRST Robotics Competition Manual and Related Documents
This page contains important documents for the 2009 FIRST Robotics Competition Season.
Complete 2009 FRC Manual - This is a single package download (4.09MB) Updated 24 February 2009
Section 0 - Introduction - Overview of the competition, Gracious Professionalism, and prominent FRC awards.
Section 1 - Communication - Find information on contacting FIRST staff, using the FIRST logo, utilizing the on-line forums, and maintaining the TIMS.
Communication, Rev B (updated 09 January 2009)
Section 2 - Team Organization - Provides suggestions on organizing a team.
Section 3 - At The Events - An overview of the events with information on the pit, registration, robot inspection, the machine shop, safety, practice rounds and competition matches, courtesies and rules.
At the Events, Rev D (updated 24 March 2009)
Section 4 - Robot Transportation - Detailed information on crates specs, the drayage process, and the FedEx donation.
Robot Transportation, Rev D (updated 12 March 2009)
Section 5 - The Awards - Describes the awards and their submission criteria.
Section 6 - The Arena - Describes the arena, field elements, and game elements in detail. There are several pertinent drawings listed in this section.
Official FIRST Drawings - Complete drawings and assemblies to build an official FIRST playing field.
Team Drawings - Complete drawings and assemblies for a low cost version of the FIRST playing field.
Section 7 - The Game
- Describes the game in detail. Related Video (available after Kickoff)
The Game, Rev I (updated 12 March 2009)
- Restoring Damaged Wheels
- 5th Gear Simulation - FRC Game Simulation Tool for Lunacy and FIRST Overdrive.
- Reparing Orbit Balls - how to
- Reparing Orbit Balls - additional
Section 8 - The Robot
- Describes all rules associated with building a compliant robot.
The Robot, Rev K (updated 18 March 2009)
- FRC Robot Control System Documentation and Resources
- Sensor Manual, RevB
- Pneumatics Manual, Rev B (updated 03 February 2009)
- Labels for 120A Main Breaker and Pressure Release Valves
- Axis Camera Pan & Tilt Components with Assembly
- Inspection Checklist, Rev E (updated 18 March 2009)
- Inspection BOM Template
- Additional Technical Resources - includes Control System and Sensor schematics and board designs.
- FRC Suggestions, Rev A - the document formally known as FRC Guidelines, Tips, and Good Practices
- Grounding the Driver Station - Instructions for grounding the Driver Station as mandated in Rule <R82.1>
- Drawing GE-09040, 2009 FRC Trailer Hitch Information
Section 9 - The Tournament
- Describes how the tournament is played.
The Tournament, Rev B (updated 12 March 2009)
Click HERE for details on the algorithm used to generate Alliances.
Section 10 - The Kit of Parts
- Describes the 2009 Kit of Parts.
- The Kit of Parts, Rev A
- 2009 KoP Checklist, Rev B (updated 03 February 2009)
- List of Walmart locations with Orbit Balls (last updated 21 January 2009)
- Where to Get More? Rev A - A list of where to get more items from the Kit of Parts
- Procedure for ordering additional MK Batteries