Email Blast- Replacement Parts Requests Deadline tomorrow at 12 noon EST~FRC Q&A System~2014 FIRST Championship Conferences-Call for Proposals~FIRST Team Fundraising Toolkit UPDATE~Attention Mentors!
Replacement Parts Requests Deadline: tomorrow, Friday, 1/10/14 at 12 pm (noon) EST: If your team has determined that you are missing parts, or need replacement parts, you must use the FIRST “Replacement Parts Request” system to order replacements.
To begin the process of submitting a Replacement Parts Request, team Main or Alternate contacts must:
- Login to TIMS;
- On the right side of the Team Summary page, click on the link to "Submit a Replacement Parts Request HERE";
- Follow instructions to complete a Replacement Parts Request.
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!
This is a "one time only" opportunity to submit a Replacement Parts Request. Please make sure your request is both accurate and complete prior to pressing the "Confirm Request" button.
Once the request is submitted and confirmed, there can be no changes to it.
Replacement Parts Requests will be processed and shipped to teams in a timely manner. Please make sure your Shipping Contact’s information is accurate and complete in TIMS as this is to whom the parts will be shipped.
Please note the system will not allow teams to request a quantity of parts higher than the number originally sent with the Kit of Parts. This system is also not to be used to order additional or purchased parts. Additional information on the process can be found here: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/kit-of-parts-replacement-parts-process.
FRC Manual Q & A System: FIRST recognizes that teams may have questions about game rules, robot construction, event logistics, and more. FIRST asks that teams use the Question & Answer System (Q&A) to post questions pertaining to a specific section within the 2014 Competition Manual. Your posted questions will be reviewed by the appropriate moderator and answered in a timely manner (usually within 2-3 business days). The 2014 Q&A System, http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/game-q-and-a, is now open.
In order to access the Q&A System, your team’s specific login info can be found on the Team Summary page in your TIMS record. Please assign one individual from your team to act as the team rules expert and only share your team's unique username and password with him/her. This team rules expert should be the only person responsible for posting questions to the Q&A System.
Before posting a question on the Q&A System, we encourage teams to look for the answers to questions first within the 2014 FRC Game Manual and Team Updates. You can review these documents here: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/game-and-season-info.
2014 FIRST Championship Conferences - Call for Proposals: FIRST is seeking presentation proposals for the eleventh annual FIRST Championship Conference. We are looking for 45-minute workshops on topics of interest to FIRST Robotics (FRC), FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) and FIRST LEGO League (FLL) teams, coaches, mentors, students and prospective leaders - including, but not limited to, fundraising, sponsorship, team business planning, team sustainability, strategy, design, and programming. Please note that travel and accommodations will not be provided by FIRST. The deadline to submit is Monday, 2/17/14. For the submission form, please visit this link.
FIRST Team Fundraising Toolkit UPDATE: The FIRST Team Fundraising Toolkit is now complete and posted to the FIRST website: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/first-fundraising-toolkit. Sponsored by a generous grant from the Argosy Foundation and written by Renee Becker, the FIRST Fundraising Toolkit Coordinator, the eight section toolkit is a great resource for teams looking for some assistance in raising funds for the competition season. Thanks to all the FTC and FRC teams who submitted their proven examples of how to be a sustaining team and for their time in assisting Rene with this very worthwhile project. Updates will continue to be posted throughout the season and post-Championship. Renee welcomes input from any team at email@example.com.
Attention Mentors! FIRST is looking to identify mentors that are former FRC team alumni. If that is you, please email your name, team affiliation, graduation year and occupation now to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance Reminder: Teams must secure or pay for their additional regional and district event(s) by Friday, 1/24/14. Please note, for teams located in Michigan, the payment deadline for third district events has not yet been determined. If you are planning on submitting a Purchase Order to secure your registration, please fax (603-206-2079) or email (email@example.com) it to our Finance Department as soon as possible, as this will give your school district time to mail a check to FIRST by the payment deadline. This will ensure that your team is on the list to compete at the event. Teams may also login to TIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso to print their invoice/payment detail at this time.
- FRC Ask an Expert Calls: The Control System and Driver's Station Ask an Expert Call has been rescheduled for Wednesday, 1/15/14 from 7:00-8:00 pm ET. The Control System/Driver’s Station session will be utilizing Google+ Hangouts on Air, which will be broadcast live on YouTube. To get the YouTube link, please visit the FRC Facebook Page or Twitter Account. If you have any questions in advance, you can post them to the Event Page in Google+. The Next FRC Ask an Expert Call, Robot Inspection, will take place on Wednesday, 1/22/14 from 7:00-8:00 pm ET. You can view the complete Ask an Expert schedule and recordings of past calls on the Ask an Expert page.
- National Instruments (NI) offers training materials, grants and competitions for FRC & FTC teams. To learn more, visit https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc.
- PTC offers free Product Development Software to all FIRST teams. PTC software will enable collaboration, increase efficiency, and enhance accuracy during your team’s Robot Design Process. To help get your team started, PTC runs a weekly webinar series called, Robotalk. Robotalk gives an in-depth introduction to PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad, and PTC Windchill. Webinar replays are available on the PTC FIRST Community Site. For more information on software offerings, grant sponsorships, online training and hands-on workshops, please visit: www.ptc.com/go/first.
- Autodesk To make it easier for teams to design the next great robot, FIRST has partnered with Autodesk, to provide Autodesk® Design Academy 2014 software licenses to schools who have a FIRST program. The Autodesk grant program is designed to help inspire students to develop a lifelong love for design and prepare them for successful careers. The software will be available free* to schools that have an active and registered FIRST team for the 2013/2014 competition year. The grant provides access to Autodesk software that can be used to support extracurricular competition programs as well as in classroom use. Teachers can apply for an Autodesk software grant on behalf of their school by completing a simple grant request form or learn more about the Autodesk grant program read the Autodesk Grant Resource Guide. To see additional resources available to FIRST teams visit www.autodesk.com/first. Students and faculty can also download free* Autodesk software for their personal computers at Autodesk’s Education Community. *Free Autodesk software and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the license agreement or terms of service that accompany such software or cloud-based services.
The FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) is brought to you, in part, by our generous Sponsors and Suppliers. For a full list, please visit http://www.usfirst.org/sponsors/sponsor-listings.