Email Blast- FIRST HQ Closed 11/28-11/29~Robots Come FIRST at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade~Team T-Shirts for Kickoff Videos~FIRST Website Maintenance~Important Kit & Kickoff Reminder~Finance Reminder~Robot Transport Exemptions
FIRST HQ Closed 11/28/13-11/29/13: FIRST HQ will be closed next Thursday and Friday (11/28/13-11/29/13) in honor of Thanksgiving. Consequently, next week’s email blast will be sent on Wednesday, 11/27/13.
Robots Come FIRST® at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®: Five award-winning FRC teams and their robots will have the honor of opening the 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, 11/28/13 in New York City. For more information, please visit: http://www.usfirst.org/aboutus/robots-come-first-at-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade.
Team T-Shirts for Kickoff Videos: Are you interested in having an FRC staff member wear your team’s t-shirt in one of the Kickoff videos? If so, please visit the FRC Blog for details!
FIRST Website Maintenance: On Saturday, 11/23/13 from 8:00 am- 2:00 pm ET, FIRST IT will be performing maintenance on www.usfirst.org. Some services like “what teams and events are in my area” will not be available during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Important Kit & Kickoff Reminder: The deadline to select your team’s Kit and Kickoff preferences in TIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso is Thursday, 12/5/13 at 12:00 pm (noon) ET.
Finance Reminder: The payment deadline for teams’ initial regional or district events is Friday, 12/6/13. If you are planning on submitting a Purchase Order to secure your registration, please fax (603-206-2079) or email (email@example.com) it to our Finance Department as soon as possible. Securing your registration will ensure that your KoP is shipped to your Kickoff location.
Robot Transport Exemptions: If bringing your robot to a competition event presents your team with a substantial hardship – for example, if your team needs to travel a great distance or cross an ocean to get to your event - you may request a Robot Transport Exemption by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please include as much detail as possible to support why an exemption is required. Please use the subject line: Robot Transport Exemption Request, Team XXXX, with your team number in place of “XXXX” in your email. Exemption requests must be submitted by Friday, 12/6/13.
2014 Safety Animation Contest closes Thursday, 12/12/13 at 12:00 pm ET: 2014 Safety Animation contest details are available here: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/safety-video-and-manual. The submission portal is available in STIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso.
FIRST Choice 2014: FIRST Choice will open for window shopping beginning Monday, 11/25/13. Teams will be able to see the parts available, along with how many credits each part will cost. FIRST Choice login information will be available in TIMS for registered and paid teams beginning Monday, 12/9/13. For more information on FIRST Choice, please visit: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/blog-FIRST-Choice-2014.
Team Profile Information in TIMS: Team profile information is used for program books that are distributed to visitors, VIPs and teams at events. This information will be exported from your team’s TIMS profile on Thursday, 1/9/14. To update your team’s information, your team’s Main or Alternate Contact must:
- Login to TIMS https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso;
- Under “Teams I can Administer”, click the Team Summary button for your team;
- In the Team Profile section, click on the edit/view buttons to update team information.
- Join us for our next “Ask an Expert” call on Wednesday, 12/4/13. Visit http://www.usfirst.org/community/volunteers/fsm_training_calls#FRC for more information.
- National Instruments (NI) offers training materials, grants and competitions for FRC & FTC teams. To learn more, visit https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc.
- PTC offers free Product Development Software to all FIRST teams. PTC software will enable collaboration, increase efficiency, and enhance accuracy during your team’s Robot Design Process. To help get your team started, PTC runs a weekly webinar series called, Robotalk. Robotalk gives an in-depth introduction to PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad, and PTC Windchill. Webinar replays are available on the PTC FIRST Community Site. For more information on software offerings, grant sponsorships, online training and hands-on workshops, please visit: www.ptc.com/go/first.
- Autodesk To make it easier for teams to design the next great robot, FIRST has partnered with Autodesk, to provide Autodesk® Design Academy 2014 software licenses to schools who have a FIRST program. The Autodesk grant program is designed to help inspire students to develop a lifelong love for design and prepare them for successful careers. The software will be available free* to schools that have an active and registered FIRST team for the 2013/2014 competition year. The grant provides access to Autodesk software that can be used to support extracurricular competition programs as well as in classroom use. Teachers can apply for an Autodesk software grant on behalf of their school by completing a simple grant request form or learn more about the Autodesk grant program read the Autodesk Grant Resource Guide. To see additional resources available to FIRST teams visit www.autodesk.com/first. Students and faculty can also download free* Autodesk software for their personal computers at Autodesk’s Education Community. *Free Autodesk software and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the license agreement or terms of service that accompany such software or cloud-based services.
The FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) is brought to you, in part, by our generous Sponsors and Suppliers. For a full list, please visit http://www.usfirst.org/sponsors/sponsor-listings.