Email Blast- Safety Animation Award Submission Deadline today at 12 noon ET~FIRST Choice~Team Profile Information in TIMS~Judges' Information Section in TIMS~2014 Mentor Certificate of Appreciation~Consent & Release Forms~Surrogate Kit Pickup Reminder
Safety Animation Award Submission Deadline: The deadline to submit Safety Animation Contest submissions is today, 12/12/13 at 12 pm (noon) ET in STIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso.
FIRST Choice: On Saturday, 12/14/13 at 12 pm (noon) ET, teams that have secured their initial registration fee will be able to log in to FIRST Choice to use a set number of credits to select items they wish to receive. For more information on FIRST Choice, please visit: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/kit-of-parts.
Team Profile Information in TIMS: Team profile information is used for program books that are distributed to visitors, VIPs and teams at events. This information will be exported from your team’s TIMS profile on Thursday, 1/9/14. To update your team’s information, your team’s Main or Alternate Contact must:
- Login to TIMS https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso;
- Under “Teams I can Administer”, click the Team Summary button for your team;
- In the Team Profile section, click on the edit/view buttons to update team information.
Judges’ Information Section in TIMS: Please be sure to update your information in the "Judge's Info" on the Team Summary page in TIMS. The information listed here will be put into a Team Yearbook for the Judges to review at your event(s). The Judges will be reading this information in order to get to know your team better! Judges’ information will be exported from TIMS on Thursday, 1/9/14.
2014 Mentor Certificate of Appreciation: Please be sure to invite all of your FRC mentors to your team’s TIMS record so they can receive their 2014 recognition certificate and pin in January during National Mentor Month. In order for team mentors to receive their recognition items, they must be registered as a mentor in TIMS by Wednesday, 12/18/13. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Consent and Release Forms: If you haven’t done so already, please consider which 2014 FIRST Consent and Release form your team members will be submitting this season. Remember, electronic Consent and Release forms “cover” individuals at all 2014 FIRST competition events (students and their parents access the electronic form in STIMS; adult mentors in TIMS). We strongly encourage teams to use the electronic forms, as this is the most convenient submission method.
If anyone on your team opts to submit a hard-copy Consent and Release form instead, please download at: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/first-student-team-information-members-system-and-consent-form and follow instructions for submission located in the “Process Overview Document”.
Print your Team Roster! No matter which method you choose (electronic or hard-copy), you MUST print off your Team Roster from TIMS and bring it with you to your Kickoff and competition event(s). To print the Team Roster:
1) On the Team Summary page in TIMS, scroll down to the “Student/Roster” field
2) Click “View” next to Team Roster
3) Click Printable Roster
4) If you have any students/mentors who are providing hard-copy forms, please write in their names on the printed roster and attach their Consent and Release forms
For more information about the 2014 Consent and Release form, including FAQs and a helpful Process Overview, please visit: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/first-student-team-information-members-system-and-consent-form.
Surrogate Kit Pickup Reminder: If your team is unable to pick up its Kit of Parts (KoP) at a Kickoff, and you do not wish to incur shipping charges to have it mailed, an alternate team may pick up your KoP at a Kickoff. You must provide FIRST with an authorization letter, signed by the main contact, on school or Sponsor letterhead in order for us to release the kit. You can find a template for this letter here: http://tinyurl.com/oohllb2.
Fax the letter to Team Support at 603-666-3907, email the letter to email@example.com or send a hard copy to FIRST, Attn: Team Support, 200 Bedford Street, Manchester, NH 03101 no later than 5:00 pm ET on 12/30/13. The letter must include the following:
1.) Your Team Number and the Kickoff pick-up location;
2.) The name and team number of the representative picking up the KoP;
3.) Provide a copy of the Surrogate Kit Pickup letter to the team representative picking up the KoP for your team. This representative must bring the letter to the appropriate Kickoff.
- December FRC Ask an Expert Call: The December Ask an Expert Call will be held on Wednesday, 12/18/13 at 7:00 PM ET. This call will be hosted on Google+ Hangouts on Air. The link to view will be posted on the FRC Facebook Page and Twitter (FRCTeams) 30 minutes prior to the start of the call (6:30 PM ET). This Ask an Expert Call will be hosted by Renee Becker, FIRST VISTA, and will serve as an introduction to the FIRST Fundraising Tool. The agenda will be posted here: http://www.usfirst.org/community/volunteers/fsm_training_calls.
- National Instruments (NI) offers training materials, grants and competitions for FRC & FTC teams. To learn more, visit https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc.
- PTC offers free Product Development Software to all FIRST teams. PTC software will enable collaboration, increase efficiency, and enhance accuracy during your team’s Robot Design Process. To help get your team started, PTC runs a weekly webinar series called, Robotalk. Robotalk gives an in-depth introduction to PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad, and PTC Windchill. Webinar replays are available on the PTC FIRST Community Site. For more information on software offerings, grant sponsorships, online training and hands-on workshops, please visit: www.ptc.com/go/first.
- Autodesk To make it easier for teams to design the next great robot, FIRST has partnered with Autodesk, to provide Autodesk® Design Academy 2014 software licenses to schools who have a FIRST program. The Autodesk grant program is designed to help inspire students to develop a lifelong love for design and prepare them for successful careers. The software will be available free* to schools that have an active and registered FIRST team for the 2013/2014 competition year. The grant provides access to Autodesk software that can be used to support extracurricular competition programs as well as in classroom use. Teachers can apply for an Autodesk software grant on behalf of their school by completing a simple grant request form or learn more about the Autodesk grant program read the Autodesk Grant Resource Guide. To see additional resources available to FIRST teams visit www.autodesk.com/first. Students and faculty can also download free* Autodesk software for their personal computers at Autodesk’s Education Community. *Free Autodesk software and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the license agreement or terms of service that accompany such software or cloud-based services.
The FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) is brought to you, in part, by our generous Sponsors and Suppliers. For a full list, please visit http://www.usfirst.org/sponsors/sponsor-listings.