2013 Founder's Reception
Bedford, NH - Friday, January 4, 2013
There will be a reception on Friday, January 4, 2013 from 6:30 P.M to 8:30 P.M., at WestWind, the home of Dean Kamen, Founder of FIRST. This is a private home and event, so we ask that you please use common sense and common courtesy during your visit. Please refrain from using cameras, video cameras, or other recording devices. Please do not touch or handle items that are on display. Please be sure that all food and beverages remain in the designated food-service area. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
This year, we are planning a more focused event, with limited invitees, to help those who attend have a better opportunity to meet and speak with others. We hope our veteran and greatest advocates will welcome our rookies into the FIRST family, and be able to have more interaction to share their experiences and best practices.
- Casual attire.
- Food & Non-alcoholic beverages provided.
- Shoe booties provided at the door.
- Up to two (2) tickets will be provided to the Main Contact of your team -- please consider sending a team member that has not attended in previous years, and one of your team’s sponsors as a guest.
- Tickets will be provided for Founder's Reception guests entered in TIMS before December 20 under the Kit and Kickoff section.
- You must have your tickets/stickers in order to attend the reception.
- Attendees must be of post high school status. High school students will not be admitted. Please respect the age restriction, no one under 18 can be admitted.
Transportation to the Founder's Reception
Please note - there will be no driving to, or parking at WestWind. Guests must park and use the shuttle service at McKelvie Middle School, 108 Liberty Hill Road, Bedford, NH. Shuttle service will begin at 5:50 P.M. Please look for signs designating the pick-up and drop-off locations for the buses. Shuttle busses will run to and from WestWind continuously from 5:50 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
Directions to McKelvie Middle School
From Manchester, NH; Everett Turnpike - Route 3; I-293; I-93.
Route 101 West to the Junction of 114 and 101 (set of lights).
Continue left on 101W (towards Bedford).
Turn left onto Nashua Road (light at intersection).
Take the first left (after ball field) onto County Road
Follow to end; McKelvie Middle School will be located diagonally across the street.
Parking is on the Right side of the school
Departure from WestWind
Buses from McKelvie School will run continuously to drop off reception guests leaving the Founder’s Reception. Coordinate your departure time from WestWind with your guests. The last bus leaving WestWind will be at 8:45 P.M.
For More Information
Please contact FIRST Team Support at 800-871-8326 for general questions, or e-mail email@example.com.