This judged award is given to the team that most connected with their local community and the engineering community. A true FIRST team is more than a sum of its parts, and recognizes that its schools and communities play an essential part to their success. The recipient of this award is recognized for helping the community understand FIRST, the FTC, and the team itself. The team that wins this award is aggressively seeking engineers and exploring the opportunities available in the world of engineering, science and technology. In addition, this team has a clear Business or Strategic Plan and has identified steps to achieve their goals.
Guidelines for the Connect Award:
- Team demonstrates respect and Gracious Professionalism to all
- An Engineering Notebook must be submitted and must include a Business or Strategic plan.
- Team provides clear examples of outreach to community
- Team has worked to develop an in-person or a virtual connection with the engineering, science or technology community
- Team has a business or strategic plan that identifies their future goals and the steps they will take to reach those goals. The plan could include fundraising goals, sustainability goals, timelines, outreach and community service goals.