This judged award is optional and may not be given at all tournaments. Please contact your tournament organizer to determine if it will be given at an event you attend.
The Promote Award is given to the team that is most successful in creating a compelling video message for the public designed to change our culture and celebrate science, technology, engineering and math.
Guidelines for the Promote Award:
- Team must present a thoughtful and high-quality video which appeals to the general public.
- Strong production value is important, but the message and impact of the video are of greater weight for the judges.
- Creativity in interpreting the annually assigned theme is desired.
- Submissions for this award will be considered for the Inspire Award but are not required.
- Team must have rights to any music used in the video.
Winning videos will be submitted to FIRST and used to promote the higher values of the FTC. Teams may win the Promote Award only once at a Championship level event and only once at a qualifying level event.
Team must submit a one-minute long public service announcement (PSA) video one full week prior to the event to be eligible for this award. Additional submissions are welcome but will not be eligible for awards. The submission process for this award may vary by tournament. Please check with your tournament’s organizer for details.
PSA Subject for 2013-2014 Season
- Create a one-minute PSA video that begins with the following sentence: “Leadership is...”