1. Are you a Mentor and a Teacher?
FIRST is looking for help in creating a Standards Alignment Map, which will describe how all FIRST programs, including FTC meet academic standards (Common Core Mathematics, Common Core English Language Arts, and the Next Generation Science Standards).
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
• Currently teachers
• Experience with FIRST programs as a Coach/Mentor
• Available to work on this project ongoing from May – August 2014
If you are interested in participating, please take this brief survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FTCteachersurvey
We will be carefully selecting participants to ensure that all programs and age groups are represented. Selected individuals will be contacted by email, so please be sure to include an email address that you will be checking regularly over the summer.
2. Please be aware that our FTC Team Registration Kit is being renamed and will now be referred to as our FTC Engineering Notebook and Registration Materials to better describe the materials we are sending out. This year you will be receiving an FTC Engineering Binder from FIRST.
3. FTC is seeking pictures of Team table displays for an instructional document. The photo should be of a display table used at a public exhibition (i.e. a demo at a fair or local business) and not from your competition pit. The ideal photo will be taken straight-on, contain few (or no) people and the table display should be clean and uncluttered. If your photo is selected, your Team will be credited for the submission.
E-mail photos to FTCTeams@usfirst.org.