1. Attention Teams, Coaches and Mentors,
This is your last chance to offer feedback about the 2013-2014 Block Party! Season! FIRST Tech Challenge would like to capture your last minute thoughts, experiences, and ideas as we prepare for the upcoming season!
The survey is anonymous, and should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. Any and all feedback is welcome!
Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013FTCEndofSeasonSurvey
2. Registering for the 2014-2015 FTC Season – YPP Requirements
The FIRST Youth Protection Program, effective May 1, 2014 REQUIRES:
Two screened Lead Coaches/Mentors on each team (Main and Alternate Contact)
PRIOR TO PURCHASING MATERIALS AND EVENT REGISTRATION
Changes to the FTC Team Registration Process (TIMS) In Addition to YPP Requirements: Effective 6/25/2014
FTC is making changes to the Registration process in TIMS for this season. When the Main contact (Lead Coach 1) registers a new or existing Team for the 2014-2015 season, they are required to invite an Alternate Contact (Lead Coach 2) in order to proceed with registering the team for the season. Teams that are returning this season will not see alternate contact information in TIMS from previous seasons, the Alternate MUST be invited prior to moving forward with registration.
Once the Alternate contact has been invited, the Main contact must be screened prior to paying the $275 season registration fee.
Both Main and Alternate contacts must be screened prior to ordering registration kits, the FTC kit of parts, or competing in events. This requirement remains in line with YPP standards.
Registration Kit and Welcome Materials
For the 2014-2015 season, Teams can order an Engineering Notebook, free of charge, through the AndyMark website effective on 7/1/2014. The link to the page will be available in TIMS once the season registration fee is paid, and both the Main and Alternate contacts have been screened. The Rockwell Collins Engineering Notebook for this season is a binder for teams to insert their documentation. The Engineering Notebook will also contain welcome materials, including:
- Information on how to download a free copy of LabView for LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Info on how to download free PTC CAD software
- Additional “quick start” resources for rookie teams
- Useful vendor information and FIRST documentation
PLEASE NOTE: The Registration Kit and Welcome Materials will not ship automatically this season. Each team must place an order through AndyMark and provide its desired shipping address
Samantha Modules/Kit of Parts
Samantha modules are available through the AndyMark website effective 5/14/2014. The link to the page will be available in TIMS once the season registration fee is paid, and both the Main and Alternate contacts have been screened. The cost per Samantha module is $85, and each registered team may order one Samantha Module.
The AndyMark website will also contain the links to Lego Ed and HiTechnic to order your Kit of parts. Kits of parts may be ordered from LEGO Education as of 5/14/2014, links to the site are available from the AndyMark portal. Links will also be available to order MATRIX kits from HiTechnic also as of 5/14/2014.
Please contact Team Support at email@example.com or 800-871-8326 with questions.
3. We are looking for a few teams to help with FTC blog posts! We are looking for team members or teams to help; if you can answer yes to any of the following, please send a brief email explanation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out for more information:
- Does your team (or members on your team) run or participate in an FTC Summer Camp?
- Has your team competed in an international event?
- Does your team receive outstanding support from a sponsor?
Send stories to: email@example.com