Youth Team Member Registration
Frequently Asked Questions (updated 12/11/14)
Who is this page for?
The information on this page is for parents/guardians, youth team members, and Lead Coaches/ Mentors of FIRST® programs. Starting in May, 2014, FIRST will require all youth team members of FIRST programs to register. This page provides information about FIRST youth team member registration.
Who is a FIRST Youth Team Member?
A FIRST youth team member is a youth participant on any FIRST Team: Junior FIRST® LEGO® League, FIRST® LEGO® League, FIRST® Tech Challenge, and FIRST® Robotics Competition.
How do I register my child with FIRST?
We have established a secure on-line registration system to make the process of registering your child easier and management of paperwork less costly. For those without access to a computer or Internet, please see item 8 below.
- For Junior FIRST LEGO League and FIRST LEGO League: The Lead Coach/Mentor will send the parent/guardian an email invitation with the registration link and team number.
- If your child is 13 years old or older, and in FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST Robotics Competition: the Lead Coach/Mentor may send the youth team member a link to start the registration process. Once the youth team member creates a user account, he/she will provide the parent/guardian email address. The parent/guardian must then finish the registration process.
- If you do not receive an email invitation, ask the Lead Coach/Mentor to provide you with the program name, and team number of the team your child wants to join. You need this information to register.
- Go to the registration link indicated on the email invitation, or click here: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso
- Complete the registration and sign the FIRST Consent and Release Form (electronically).
- You are done! Please note: Your child is not enrolled on the team until the Lead Coach/Mentor accepts him/her. You will receive an email confirmation of acceptance.
- If you are not able to access a computer, email or the Internet, please ask your coach or mentor to download the paperwork for you or access the documents here.
When do the registration and electronic FIRST Consent and Release form need to be completed?
You must complete registration and sign the FIRST Consent and Release form prior to your child’s initial FIRST competition or event. For the FRC program, it needs to be completed prior to Kickoff if your child is attending the Kickoff with the team.
Why is FIRST requiring youth team members to register?
Registration of youth team members is needed to:
- Establish a system of communication with parents of team members
- Comply with Youth Protection policies by having a way for FIRST to contact parents of participants in case of emergency
- Provide Lead Coaches/Mentors with a Team Roster that identifies their Team and makes management of paperwork easier
- Provide FIRST with data on who is benefitting from our programs, apply for funding and sponsorships and help us grow our programs
- Reduce the cost and amount of paper that needs to be processed at FIRST events, then shipped and stored at Headquarters
Will the Lead Coach/Mentor have access to my child’s data?
How will FIRST protect our information and identity?
What if my child does not have a team to join?
FIRST does not match children to teams. To connect with Junior FIRST LEGO League and FIRST LEGO League teams, we encourage you to create a FIRST TeamUp account. FIRST TeamUp is a community-driven system that allows parents, Coaches, and Mentors to connect with one another to form teams. For FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition, you may find a list of teams in your area at: http://www.usfirst.org/whats-going-on. Another great way to connect with teams in your area for all FIRST programs is by attending a local event. All of our events are free and open to the public, and you can search for events in your area at: http://www.usfirst.org/whats-going-on. We also encourage you to consider starting a team! To learn more about starting a team, please visit our website: www.usfirst.org and select the FIRST program you are interested in from the “Programs” menu.
How do I register my child if I do not have a computer or access to the Internet?
There are several options if you do not have access to a computer or the Internet. You can speak with the Lead Coach/Mentor of your child’s team to determine if she/he has access to a computer you can use to register your child. Some teams hold a registration meeting where parents register their children together. Most local libraries have free computer and Internet access. If the team is connected to your child’s school, you may be able to access a computer there. If you are not able to access a computer, email or the Internet, please ask your coach or mentor to download the paperwork for you or access the documents here.
What if I do not register my child?
FIRST is requiring all teams in FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge, and FIRST Robotics Competition to have youth team members registered with FIRST. Youth team members who have not registered will not be permitted to compete in FIRST events.
For Junior FIRST LEGO League Teams only: currently youth team member registration is voluntary, though the local FIRST Partner may require registration in order to attend Junior FIRST LEGO League events. If there is a local requirement, you will receive information from your team Coach about how to register your child.
What if I still have questions?
You may contact FIRST Headquarters if you have any other questions. Please reach us by calling 603-666-3906, x0 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Registration Process
I registered my child but indicated the wrong team number or program. What should I do?
If you input an incorrect team number or program, you will be able to drop the incorrect team from the Main Summary page found on the Dashboard in the registration system. Log in to your account and drop the team. After you drop the incorrect team or program, you can enter the correct program and team number.
I did not receive my account activation email. How can I activate my account?
You can activate your account by visiting the Youth Team Member Registration login page here: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso. Click on the “reset my password” link and follow the directions.
My email changed. How do I access my account?
You may log into the system with your existing login credentials and update your email address in your user profile.
If you do not remember your password to your existing login credentials, but still have access to your old email account, please visit the login page here: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso. Click on the “reset password” button and follow the directions from there. If you are still having issues, please email email@example.com with your new email address, and we will assist you by updating your email on our end. Once your email is updated, you will receive a confirmation at the new email address.
It looks like I have completed all of my child’s account information, but I do not see the FIRST Consent and Release form to sign?
As the parent/guardian, you must be logged into the system with your user account email address. If you are logged in with your child’s user account email address, you will not be able to access the FIRST Consent and Release form.
My child’s team application was denied—why?
Your child’s Lead Coach/Mentor accepts or denies youth team member applications. Please contact him/her directly as FIRST HQ has no information regarding application status.
My child is 18. Do I need to complete a FIRST Consent and Release form for him/her?
No, as a legal adult your child can complete the registration process and sign the FIRST Consent and Release form.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-871-8326, Option “0” for assistance.